SCHOLARSHIPS 2016-2017 Deadline
1. GREGORY HANSEN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
(Criminal Justice Major) 5/4/17
2) ASSOCIATION OF FIRE DISTRICTS OF NEW YORK SCHOLARSHIP
(For students related to a firefighter or firefighters themselves & going into a career of service to the community: teaching, social work, health related, etc . Application is available online at www.firedistnys.com or in the guidance office.) 4 scholarships (NY state level) of $1,500.00 each 3/4/17
3) MAKE COLLEGE HAPPEN CHALENGE
( Open to all students www.makecollegehappenchallenge.com/rules 12/31/16
4) SFCU SCHOLARSHIP : students must be credit union members to qualify. High school transcript, SAT scores and an essay are required.
Applications are available online only at www.sfcuonline.org 12/30/16
5) CHEN-DEL-O-FEDERAL CREDIT UNION SCHOLARSHIP (Student has to be a member to apply). Visit www.chendelo.org received by 2/3/17
6) EMPIRE STATE POTATO GROWERS INC scholarship: for seniors pursuing
an agricultural-related area of undergraduate study (i.e. Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy,Crop & Soil Sciences, Food Sciences, horticulture, etc) 1/15/17
For students going into Environmental careers. visit www.nywea.org 2/28/17
8) AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY SCHOLARSHIPS: Albany level: 7 scholarships from A to G
*A) Department Scholarship
*B) Department District Scholarship
*C) Raymond T. Wellington Jr. Memorial Scholarship
*D) Maryann K. Murtha Memorial Scholarship
*E) Helen Klimek Student Scholarship
*F) Past President’s Parsley Scholarship 3/1/17
9)FASNY VOLUNTEER scholarship( Firemen’s Association of the State of New York)
For students who are volunteer firefighters. Visit www,fasny.com 3/15/17
10) THE CRISTIN ANN BAMBINO SCHOLARSHIP : 7 regional winners: $3,000.00.
For a Special Education senior: personal essay required. Submission to Ms. Ballet by March 20
11) THE PAUL JENSEN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP : 2 state winners: $3,000.00
For a senior who excelled in Design in high school. Essay required. Submission to Ms. Ballet by March 20
12) THE JOSEPH GONCALVES STUDENT HUMANITARIAN SCHOLARSHIP
For a senior who plans to attend a NYS college and can demonstrate humanitarian involvement. Submission to Ms. Ballet by March 20
13) AMY BINDELGLASS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
(For seniors and juniors: write an essay on Organ and Tissue Donation) 3/31/17
14) THE GLEN ROCK FARMS MEMORIAL AWARD: 1 award of $1000.00
given by Kay and Sue Sanford to a graduating senior at CVCS who :
---is continuing their education beyond high school
---has demonstrated the qualities of hard work and perseverance in overcoming difficulty or adversity
---has an appreciation for the people and the environment of the earth
---has financial need for support of continuing education
---(there are no academic criteria for this award)
Submission to Ms. Ballet by April 1st 2017
DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS SCHOLARSHIP: See Mrs Rider for application
Need to attend phonathon to qualify
15) NORMA MANCKE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
(Education/Early Childhood majors). Write a letter to Mr. Mancke explaining why you
Are choosing the field of Education as a major and what your goals are.
Submission to Ms. Ballet by 05/1/17
16) PAST PRESIDENT ‘S STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
$1,000.00 Sponsored by NBT Bank. For seniors planning to study Business or Education.
Submission to Ms. Ballet by 03/20/17
17) BUSINESS STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
$500.00 sponsored by D’ Arcangelo & Co. For students planning to study Business.
Submission to Ms. Ballet by 03/20/17
18) CVTA SCHOLARSHIP
For seniors going into Education Submission to Ms. Ballet by 4/1/17
19) DELAWARE COUNTY AMERICAN LEGION/JAMES MONROE SCHOLARSHIP
Based on academics and extra-curricular activities. One of them is also based on financial need. One $750.00 scholarship and one $500.00 scholarship will be offered.
(Students do not have to have an affiliation with the American Legion). By filling out this scholarship application, students will also be considered for the Donald W. Gleason Post 190 scholarships
Submission to Ms. Ballet by April 10, 2017
20) TIRED IRON OF BUTTERNUT VALLEY INC, SCHOLARSHIP
$500.00 for students majoring in a field of Agriculture as defined by the USDA ( see list on scholarship form)
21) FOX HOSPITAL AUXILIARY JOANNE BURDICK SCHOLARSHIP (Senior must be entering nursing or a human health related field of study) 5/1/17
22)CATSKILL COMMUNITY PLAYERS’ AWARDS: for students who intend to major in music education( for the Harbaugh Award) or some area of the performing arts( for the Genardo Award).
23)THE AMERICAN LEGION DEPARTMENT OF NEW YORK. Richard M. Pedro Memorial Scholarship
See specific eligibility requirements on application
24) OTSEGO COUNTY FEDERATION OF SPORTSMEN
$ 250.00 For seniors pursuing one of the following careers: Criminal Justice, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Fisheries or Wild life. 5/4/17
25) EHLERMANN-FEDDERKE DESCENDANTS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
(students need to be residents of Delaware County and/or a graduating senior or
graduate of a Delaware County school). $4000.00 per year will be awarded. A minimum of an 85 GPA is required to apply.
For students entering the following fields: Engineering, Education, Physical Sciences and other related Technical fields.
26)GREGORY L. HANSEN MEMORIAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE SCHOLARSHIP
For seniors continuing their education in the field of Criminal Justice
27) AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS
(For a graduating senior seeking to become a civil engineer).
28) OTSEGO-SCHOHARIE AND DELAWARE MASONIC CHARITIES
(Open to all seniors going to college) 5/5/17
29) OLIVE B. & LINDSAY O’CONNOR SCHOLARSHIP
(current seniors with 85 average or above who will be attending college in the fall, school’s alumni who are attending college (3.0 GPA). 6/30/17
30) CATSKILL LADIES ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP:
Open to all seniors. Essay required. Received by 5/5/17
31) PAST PRESIDENT’S PARLEY SCHOLARSHIP IN MEDICAL FIELD
Students must be going into a Medical Field. 5/15/17
32) MARJORIE GRAHAM STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Students must be continuing their education in preparation for a career in business 5/1/17
33) HORATIO ALGER Association Career & Technical Scholarship
For students who will be attending a community college or technical school
34)) FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE LODGE # 99 SCHOLARSHIP
( for students furthering their education in the Criminal Justice field). 5/12/17
35) MILT and DOUG THOMSON ANNUAL “We do it for the Kids” scholarship-
This scholarship is intended for seniors who have been involved with the Delaware County Fair
(more than just 4-H members.) It is designed so that the child of a vendor, board member or
long time participant can apply.